Hello all! I’m still recovering from a very busy weekend out at the Santa Clara Art and Wine Festival. It was a very good time of ministry, but wore me out! I’m sure the evening shift between Saturday and Sunday didn’t help, but when God provides tent-making, I take it if I can. Thanks for all the folks who came by to help handing out tracts and sharing the Gospel. Also, thanks to my family for coming by to keep me company and put a smile on my face. I love my girls!
As you can see from the title picture, I tried something a bit different for this festival. I turned the sketch board into a question board, and encouraged people to ask, and post, their questions about God and religion. As expected, most of the questions ended up focused on the Christian faith (I was clear and unapologetic about my own perspective), and some great questions and conversations grew out of that. Here are some of the questions:
- Can a loving God really send people to hell?
- What is a woman’s role in the home and in ministry?
- Are some sins worse than others?
- Why is suffering necessary?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Does God punish people for their sins (believers and unbelievers)?
Most of the questions I was able to answer, but others were difficult, or required more time and depth than I could go into there, so I will be researching each and putting them up on my web site. They will be in individual posts, and will also be added to my What Abouts page at dan.livethegospel.net/what-abouts/. There is a ton of information on there now, on a variety of subjects. I’d encourage you to take a look. If you have a tough question you don’t see, send me a message and I’ll consider adding it. As always, I love constructive feedback, so tell me what you think.
There has been a lot to praise God for over the past few weeks, and also many reasons to pray for His continued faithfulness.
- We had our refrigerator die a few weeks ago. By God’s grace, we were able to buy a very nice used one, and a pastor friend of mine helped me deliver and install it. Thanks Pastor Justin! (He pastors a great church if you are looking, Creekside Community Church in Cupertino).
- We have been dealing with water damage due to leaks in our kitchen and master bath that were causing me a huge amount of stress, since I did not have the knowledge or money to get the work done. But hoping I could make something work, I posted a request on Facebook for local contractor recommendations. Instead, two men, who had the background and experience, offered to do the work for me! I can not tell you what a blessing that was, or the weight it took off my mind. Thanks Drew and Burdett! You two are a huge blessing.
- We had some big bills come up the last couple months (including the costs listed above), and thanks to the generosity of some of our supporters we were able to pay most of them. Praise God!
- I am going to have to get some substantial dental work done soon, and I haven’t been to the dentist in a long time. Pray for wisdom in where go, and that I will be able to negotiate a good deal (we don’t have dental insurance). My girls also need a visit soon.
- I will be traveling to Pennsylvania in a couple weeks for a ministry conference. Please pray for safe travels.
- After I get back from my trip, I’ll be teaching a couple local kids clubs for two weeks while a friend is out of town. Please pray that goes well. I’m also continuing to move forward with on setting up a club in a school near my church. It’s slow going, but there has been progress. Pray it continues.
- I would love to get some lunch time or after school clubs in some local high schools as well. Please pray God opens the right doors.
- God has been keeping me busy with side jobs, but with school, ministry, church and family in the mix too I’m burning the candle at both ends. Please pray for wisdom in managing my time well.
- As always, we are asking for support. As always, God has, and will, take care of every need. But I would like to spend less time in side jobs and more time on the street. Please consider supporting us if you can. We would love to have you take part in our ministry.
The outreach schedule for the next couple weeks is below. Let me know if you plan to join us for any of them. Thanks, and God bless.
All for His glory,
PUBLIC OUTREACH EVENTS COMING UP!
Events are subject to change on occasion, so contact me if you plan to attend one.
Mountain View Outreach – Friday, September 21st, 6PM to 9PM
San Francisco Waterfront Outreach – Saturday, September 22nd, 1PM to 5PM (Time and details tenative)
San Francisco Downtown Outreach – Wednesday, September 26th, 11AM to 3PM
Creekside Farmers Market Outreach – Friday, September 28th, 10AM to 12PM
Palo Alto Outreach – Friday, September 28th, 6PM to 9PM
Santa Cruz Waterfront Outreach – Saturday, September 29th, 11AM to 3PM